Lismore Regional Mission follows the Liturgical Seasons of the Reformed Tradition.
In 2020 they are as follows:
- The Season of Epiphany – January 12th to February 16th 2020. Epiphany marks the arrival of the magi or wise men at Jesus’ birthplace.
- Transfiguration Sunday – February 23rd 2020
- Ash Wednesday – February 26th 2020
- Season of Lent – March 1st to March 29th 2020. The 40 days of preparation and penance which begins on Ash Wednesday and concludes at sundown on Holy (Easter) Saturday.
- Palm Sunday – April 5th 2020
- Holy Week – April 5th to April 11th 2020. Recalls the final week before Christ’s crucifixion.
- Maundy Thursday – April 9th 2020. The service of Tenebrae recalls the Last Supper and Jesus’ Agony in the Garden.
- Good Friday – April 10th 2020. The commemoration of the ultimate sacrifice of Christ’s death on the Cross, an atonement for our sins.
- Easter Sunday – April 12th 2020. The holiest period of the Christian calendar and celebrates the resurrection of Jesus.
- The Season of Easter – April 12th to May 24th 2020
- Ascension Day. May 21st 2020 .The Takes place 40 days after Easter and celebrates Jesus’ ascension into heaven.
- UCA Anniversary – June 22, 2020. A celebration of the formation of the Uniting Church in Australia through the Union of the Methodist, Presbyterian and Congregational Churches.
- Pentecost Sunday – May 31st 2020. The celebration of the manifestation of the Holy Spirit on earth after Jesus’ ascension.
- Jun 22 2020 UCA AnniversaryTrinity Sunday – June 7th 2020. Celebrating our triune God – Creator, Redeemer and empowering Spirit.
- The Season of Pentecost May 31st to November 15th 2020. It takes place 50 days after the Jewish Passover festival. It is popularly accepted as the birthday of the church.
- Christ the King Sunday – November 22nd 2020. Celebration of the Kingship of Christ.
- Advent – Four weeks before Christmas – November 29th to December 23rd December 2020. The beginning of the Christian Year. Christians set aside time for reflection and preparation for recalling the coming of Christ.
- The Season of Christmas – December 24th 2020 to January 3rd 2021. The celebration of Jesus’ birth.
Lectionary Readings for each season can be found on the UCA Assembly site: